Thursday, December 28, 2017

Health is wealth??

Health is wealth, thats what people said since ages but no one explained path for achieving good health, it should be mandatory subject to pass for everyone as part of graduation . After more than an year of experiment I feel health is ByProduct of having positive thoughts always,  satisfying intellectual, emotional n physical needs , quality limited food , pre planned dreams and time management to balance them everyday- all of these together gives good health and continuous happy state of mind. When there is no balance for all these for a week or more then things starts falling apart which needs a reset.

There was never a week where I didnt hear about someone being sick in my surroundings all the way from childhood until now. Mine being the worse, so many times I was extremely sick during my post graduation days in northern part of India. Even worse after I start working , getting hospitalised atleast twice an year and frequent doctor visits. It was not uncommon when I say that I am sick to my parents  during my regular calls or when they tell me that someone is sick at home, back in my village many people I know spent most their hard earned money at hospitals, people save money only to spend at hospitals. Just after marriage, Swapna and mother in law took care of me for two weeks as I was bed ridden. Sick n tired of being sick:-).

Sometime back I was determined to live life free from sickness for one year atleast without visiting doctor. Thats part of my regular self made challenges for living interesting life but this time biggest of my life as I have to control so many unknown factors including virus attacks from the air, contagiousness at home or during travel, unknown factors at work place, possible injuries from my rigorous sports, mental health. With the baggage and history I have my journey was not easy at all. All that I had in my mind was if I succeed it will set example for people at home and comfort for my own life.

My daily life routine is - satisfying physical needs through sports , intellectual needs at work place and reading books, emotional needs n excitement through conversations with interesting people and raising kid . Everyday I utilise every bit of energy I have towards the above and at the end of the day I am almost drained in all the ways completely,  I think I eat very less for the kind of physical activities I do though I am not sure what is required.  Sometimes I skip meal after thought provoking conversation with most interesting people as I experienced that  thoughts n discussions gave me required energy. 

Me being early riser , I have all the time in the world but most of it was not utilised at all until few years back. One thing I realised, primary reason for my sickness was I do not have enough positively filled activities to spend my time everyday, I do not know anything other than work until I was 30 years, all my free time was spent idle without healthy body which was giving me feeling of sickness or making me fall sick. Wanted to change that and fill every hour of time with activities which fill positiveness in life.

Sports was choice to fill the physical needs of the body , started to learn and play two sports every year, understanding the mechanics behind every game, losing to others , getting inspiration from loses,  meeting so many different unknown people of different backgrounds n beliefs ,playing competitions, entire journey was such a joy,over the years sports helped me to fill part of my free time with variety of sports which moves different parts of the body, various conversations with different nationalities people and the fun out of it. All this was possible through sports.

Sports alone was not filling my day, I have 3 to 4 hours of my day before the world wakes up . Reading books  , preparing for university exams, writing, thinking, being with myself - these filled my early hours of the day,  intellectual hunger and many positive thoughts. Its so enriching and unintended bonus was it helped me to understand crypto currencies , their potential role in financial system and become part of this transformation.

I have my own emotions with my own definitions which I attained after analysing millions of thoughts  without being selfish, by observing thoughts closely,  raising kid , interactions at home filled my emotional needs of the day.  My emotions are same towards every human without any bias, its the time I chose to spend is different based on my interests, others convenience and their influence on me. 

10 to 11 hours I spend at work is fully focussed on delivering the work without any deviations with the best of my abilities , all the physical and mental fitness is helping me to be focussed at work always without any stress. Workplace , some of the exceptional people I met in my life are at Murex, some r never bored n their influence is forever in life , this year especially.

In doing all the above my body n mind forgot sickness, its been more than 15 months I visited a clinic. During this time I never felt that I need medicines or rest to recover. When I get up at my usual time if I ever feel inconvenience I have 3 to 4 hours to recover before work, I found different ways to recover,  either I go to gym or extra swimming or hit 100’s of tennis balls in the darkness or practise golf swing at kids play area or running or reading or ted talks all these excited n energised me n prepared myself for the day to arrive . This process is a complete surprise for me . Swapna told me she dont even remember when was the last time I took sick leave as she used to accompany me to doctor visits when I was sick. 

In this kind of living life ,there is no time or mind space for negative thoughts or  spend time thinking about others, if I entertain any kind of negative thoughts for long time that kills the whole purpose of my way of life, so I cannot afford to be pessimistic . Sometimes I cant stop negative thoughts entering my brain for things not in my control as I interact with different people and their cultural way of expressing may be perceived by my brain differently but I wont process that for long time and outcome is always beautiful experiences . Life is always excellent, good times or bad times or worse times everything is really excellent , it all depends on the perspective we see, for me it will remain excellent forever.

Health is not wealth, health is every positive thing except wealth because most of the relations or discussions surrounded by wealth is not good for health at all. At best health will stop you spending wealth but itself is not wealth.  Process of getting good health will help to achieve happiness and also help to find meaning for life.


I feel at this stage of life found a way to live healthy n positive life and being happy all the time with most of inspiration from the people I chose to interact .  My thought process contributing to feel great even at difficult times, most challenging part is “to live and experience life better than my own yesterday and finding the excitement of doing the same things differently”, this is everyday process and thats what keeping my life to move forward. Everyday of my life feels like a great vacation and most of the entertainment in with in own life. When I told my known people that I didnt watch the best movie my state has ever produced they told me I am trying to be different or lying but fact is my mind is giving me great entertainment than any bigger events happening around me.


This year in few words - Sleepless nights in office to learn billiards, most interesting conversations with most unique people, wakeboarding sport , university, exams, crypto currencies, challenges in personal life, free from sickness, average four hours of different Sports everyday, reading books, not watching baahubali - thats how this year ended. Another year starts soon, so is excitement of life. While I can not control challenges n difficult times life is going to throw at me, I just hope that my current state of mind stays with me forever. 

Most inconvenient thing going to start soon and stays until the end of first week of Jan, happy new year and the return wish , year after year same old wishes and exactly same old words , nothing ‘new’ in the wishes atleast. 







No comments: